Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Day Two 1-14-09

Well we made it safely to Costa Rica. The weather was just amazing, 81 degrees, sunshine and a nice breeze. We got to Dollar rental and were pleasantly surpised when they drove up with a BRAND NEW 2009 Mitsubishi Montero for us! It´s so nice I´m really nervous driving it here with all these maniac drivers. We are staying our first night at the LaRiviera motel, a really nice place recommended to us by the friends at the branch office last year. When we were at the rental agency I noticed that the bottom of my carry-on bag was wet. I opened it to find that the water bottle I had laid on top had opened and half the bottle had emptied onto all my books, folders AND MY LAPTOP! I immediately took out the battery and opened it to let it dry out. Fortunately it was ok after a few hours of drying. Whew! That was a close one! I´m sure there will many more mishaps to come.

5 comments:

  1. so am i the only one wondering whos taking this photo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a dummy! A bottle of water with a loosly screwed on cap in the same bag with books and a laptop? Im glad I wasnt there to hear Chaz going to the dark side on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you guys picked a good time to leave... -5 right now and a low of -15 tonight. have fun down there

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you picked up on the water and electronics in the same bag issue Blake. I kept thinking, "Geeze Lance, ya can't go to BestBuy to get a quick fix down there!" ;>

    ReplyDelete