Saturday, February 28, 2009

Friday, Feb.27th




Pics: Megan enjoying her concrete block chair while Santiago saves his hearing from the roar of a passing truck.
Santiago and Naomi ready to share some good news with the public.
Well its Friday, our long day in service to Jaco. And I (Chastity) am stuck at home sick. Being sick here is not the same as being sick in Vermont. In Vermont you stay at home in front of the TV and laugh at all your friends who are outside in the freezing cold out in service. I get so excited when I am sick in Vermont. “Yippie, I’m sick…a day off”. Here it is very different. You see your friends leave the house not jealous of you at all. On their way to Jaco where the surf is high and the shopping is grand. And there are tons of gringos to preach to. Hmmmmm…..so sad. So today in order to make this a good day…I am laying in the sun finishing my Watchtower and Awakes. My plan is to be darker than Mandy by the time she comes home today. Maybe I will even do my nails. Oh what a day.
Now it's Lance, and yes we are headed to Jaco, the 3 of us along with Naomi and Santiago will be setting up the literature table at the bus stop in downtown Jaco. We take turns, some sit at the table and talk to those who walk by and show interest, while a couple others walk around and do street work. We placed mostly Spanish literature, but I did have the privilege to talk to one man who stopped and took a handbill on the meeting times. He is originally from Costa Rica but has traveled all over the world. He speaks English very fluently and just before we boards the bus tells me that he very well may come to the meeting on Sunday. We get home late at around 4:30 and after changing and picking up Chastity we head to the market to buy our weekly fruits and veggies. Santiago rides up on his bike and informs us he's almost finished moving into his new place, "I only have a few more bike trips to make back to my other apartment and I'll be done." I take the girls home and go help Santiago finish moving with the car. Takes us 10 minutes, now that's living simple!

2 comments:

  1. Got your post cards couple days ago,I am jealous,it looks so beautiful there,and the experiences are so encouraging,I wish I could be there.We miss all you guys and keep up the good.Hope Chastity feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my no tv to watch while you're sick, oh you had to sit in the warm sunshine and oh my read the mags, oh yeah i feel so much better being sick with nice nails and a tan, go girl....we're so not jealous. get better quick
    karleen

    ReplyDelete