Thursday, February 5, 2009

Wed. Feb. 4th

This morning I called back on Jim, the man I met a couple of weeks ago from Michigan. He has lived here in Costa Rica now for 16 years. I had told him that I would come back and talk about why there is so much suffering. He invited Megan and I in, offered us coffee or Coke, and we sat in his kitchen for about and hour and talked. We only discussed a little bit out of the Bible Teach book. His biggest hangup is that though he thinks the Bible is a good book, he’s not convinced that it is truly from God. I promised to bring him back the brochure, “The Bible-A Book for all People”. On our way home we saw a group of Spanish witnesses on the same road we were on. The friends here pretty much walk everywhere, they are so hard working and never complain. We could learn a lot from them. We went to the beach this afternoon and the waves were HUGE! We all did some body surfing and at one point Chaz got caught in a riptide. She did great though, she didn’t panic, she just did as they tell you and swim parallel to the shore until your out of it or until you can reach your husbands hand, which she did….whew!! I don’t think we’ll get out that deep again without a boogie board or surfboard. When we all got home we were so tired, it was hot and we were ready to get to bed. But then the electricity went out, thus no fans. It was roasting in the house. Amanda and Chaz were able to go to bed anyhow, they don’t mind the heat as bad. I decided I was going for a ride downtown to cool off and maybe find some ice cream. I did, one of the stores down in Quepos had a generator so they were able to stay open. It was like a party in there. Some of the restaurants were still serving food, they simply pulled a couple of cars up and shined their headlights on their guests and continued on like nothing. They are used to this happening. I didn’t sleep that well because the electricity kept going on and off all night.

3 comments:

  1. Amanda/Megan - service reports.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I decided I was going for a ride downtown to cool off and maybe find some ice cream..."

    haha i did not realize you like icecream so much. it seems every post ends with a:
    "we had a wonderful bible study now i'm a-gonna a-go russel me up some icecream..."

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. chasity, lance service reports :)
    i am so glad you are so in love still,,,,, otherwise you might not have grabbed her hand!:)
    i'd think twice swimming when angry, you know how it all starts by running over someones foot.
    karleen
    oh yeah great call

    ReplyDelete