Friday, March 6, 2009

Sun.Mar.1




Pics: Megan signing a comment (by the way, we all 3 signed a comment)


Visiting the friends after the meeting.




Megan and Amanda had been wanting to visit the sign language congregation while we were here so this morning the 3 of us (Chastity was still too sick) went to the Parrita Lesco congregation. As I've mentioned before, the people drive like mad here. As we were approaching the Kingdom Hall, I put on my left turn signal, and just as I'm getting ready to turn, I check my mirror (I've gotten into the habit of doing this) a car comes speeding by on my left! It would have been a disaster had I not checked! (That's right Don and Lisa, I saved your little girls) Anyhow, maybe that makes up for all the driving mistakes I HAVE made since being here in Costa Rica. We walk in just as the meeting is starting and after song and prayer, we realize that they aren't doing the WT, instead it's the "God's Friend" brochure for 1/2 an hour. Then they had a speaker give the public talk in Spanish with a translator, and then the last hour was the WT study. There were 21 in attendance. Afterwards we met most everyone there. There were 3 who were deaf, and I believe all 3 were studies. On the way home, 2 of the friends rode with us since they lived in the direction of Quepos. Sunday afternoon we went to the beach and cooled down at the end of a very hot and humid day.

3 comments:

  1. You certainly made up for your driving with that one check in the mirror, Lance. Hope Chaz gets better soon.
    Meggie, Ashley has assigned you to interpret a service meeting part the week after you come back - around March 2?. Hope that alright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aiden got his post card today he thought it was "so cool".I've enjoyed showing the kids the pictures you've taken so far,and out of all the pictures Aiden likes the bird ones the best,must be the colors.
    It's good to hear you got a chance to see how the sign language group is doing there.And its good to hear you got there & back SAFE!And poor chastity,she's got to get better soon, because ALL of you are supposed to enjoy the beautiful weather for us!Aiden says"Hope to see you soon."And Mikayla said "Thank you for the post cards." Alicia says- "Hi, I am really jealous that your in Costa Rica, but snows more fun!" I dont agree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Lance does this mean that you might come to one of our meetings in ASL. It sure would be nice if you and Chas come after you get back. Of course it will kill one of your service days being that it's on Sat but I have a feeling you and Chas have plenty of time in so far for the year and can exchange one service day for a extra meeting once you get back. Keep up the good work. Tell Megan we got her postcard too.

    ReplyDelete