Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tues.March17th




Pics: Lights out at our last meeting.




Saying goodbye to our good friends Bryn and Nancy.




Our last full day in Costa Rica. The girls packed all morning and worked on some final touchups to the house. I worked up my part for tonight and then at noon left for my last Bible study with Luis. Ken Nelson came with me and is planning on taking it over when I’m gone. Unfortunately, Luis wasn't home, so I left him a note and explained that Ken would be by next week to continue the study. The girls went to the beach while I took the car to get it cleaned. At the car wash (lava car) I decided to do my Bible reading for tonight and a man noticed the Bible and asked what religion I was. I replied, "I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses" and he said he knew many of the witnesses. Our conversation continued and I learn that he use to study with the witnesses, had stopped smoking and then life took a turn for the worse. He explained he needed to get his life back in order and start coming back to the kingdom hall. I shared a couple of scriptures with him and gave him an invitation to the kingdom hall, with the new times for their meetings.
After arriving at the meeting, seconds before the meeting started the electricity goes out. Within no time flashlights appear and the meeting continues. No fans, no lights, and no microphones. They are used to it here so we continue with the meeting. It was hard commenting at first because I could hardly see my book or Bible, plus I was sweating so much I could hardly focus. After the congregation Bible study, Bro. Cernuda introduces the Theocratic Ministry School and right after the Bible highlights we get electricity! Too late, I'm already soaked from head to toe. After the meeting we said our goodbyes to all the friends, exchanged phone numbers and emails and promised to come back again. It is such a loving congregation, we will truly miss the friends. Back home we loaded up a big bag of things (extra food and other misc. items) and took it over to one of the local Spanish families, Jainer, Carla and their two kids, Farit and Amy. We also said our goodbyes to our lovely neighborhood kids, little Issac and Camila. We stayed up for awhile and watched our internet "TV" and finally went to bed. We'll be up and on the road at 5:30am tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment