Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wed.March11th







Pics: Issac and Amanda fighting it out with paper airplanes.






Well this morning I brought Megan and Amanda down to the Kingdom Hall for the group (Chastity was home running late for the group and I took the day off). I dropped the girls off and went to Cafe Milagro for a cup of coffee. While I was sitting at the cafe, I noticed a woman approach my car out front. I watched her closely even though she didn't look like a thief and the car was locked. She proceeded to try to get her keys in the lock for about 10 seconds, then she looked really confused, stooped down to look into the window and finally realized that it wasn't her vehicle. She started walking away all the while laughing at herself. She walks over to the vehicle parked next to me, unlocks the door and drives off. I was cracking up laughing, because my car is a small little Nissan sedan and the car that was hers was a huge 4x4 SUV. Guess she hadn't had her coffee yet. After the group, I picked the girls up, including Chastity and took them to the beach to man the literature table.
At 11am, I decided to lay back down for a little nap. Then at 11:14 I awoke to the bed shaking.....an earthquake! It was very minor, but enough to wake me up. The girls got home at around 1:30 and they said they didn't even notice it at the beach. I was starting to think that I was making it up in my head. Then at around 3pm, the house starts shaking again. "It's another earthquake", I yell. Again, nothing major, just enough to get us all a little jumpy. This time I decide to go online and see if anything has been reported. Sure enough a 5.7 magnitude earthquake was the 1st one and a 5.9 the second one with their epicenter about 50 miles south of here, right off the Osa Peninsula. If you have Google earth, you can see where they both occured. Pretty exciting stuff.
Issac and Amanda had an all out war with paper airplanes. Issac narrowly missed loosing his eyeballs a couple time from the point of the airplane.
Chaz made fish and rice for dinner and Amanda made some more fried plantains....yummy stuff.

1 comment:

  1. You've already had to pay $200 bucks for backing into somebody's car. You sure you wanna risk paying for putting some kid's eyeball out? At least get some saftey goggles! Cool earthquake story!

    ReplyDelete