Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tues. March10th




Pics: Chaz and her little buddy, Jayden.


Megan and Carmen just finish dancing.




Service this morning was return visits up until my study with Luis at 12. Once again, he surprised me with the questions that he had and his reasoning. He made the statement today that “many people don’t really care about how God wants us to live, they just want to live how they want to and then when they die they’ll just go to heaven” and then he says, “but really, if we are going to serve God, it takes effort on our part.” Usually our study has been 30 minutes, but today he wanted me to stay longer so we stretched it to 50 minutes. I brought him a Bible last week in Spanish and he’s already began reading it each day. Next Tuesday will be my last study with him. I am taking with me Ken Nelson to take it over when we leave. It will be a sad day, but I know he will be in good hands.
After service, was the meeting at 4pm. Amanda had a talk tonight with Dawn Islander as her householder. She did a really great job. After the meeting, everyone was invited over to the Nelson’s for refreshments and Spanish dancing. Again, it was hot and humid, but that didn’t stop everyone from having a good time. We love the Nelson’s, they are such a fun, hospitable couple. We are going to miss this place. One week left.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures,it must be so hard making friends and just when you get to know them you have to leave,I am sure they are going to miss you guys just as much as we miss you now,see you soon!

    ReplyDelete